Chirpy Chicks Playgroup Ltd (CCP)
ICO Registration Number:
Registered Company in Northern Ireland: NI 638839
How to contact us
Data Protection Officer
Mr N Moore
10A Dunevly Road
Commitment to Data Protection
CCP is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy notice outlines how we use and process the personal information that you provide to us. CCP is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as Chirpy Chicks Playgroup Ltd.
Information We Collect
Any information you provide will be carefully protected and stored securely. We will keep your information confidential, in accordance with the Data Protection Act / General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), except where disclosure is required by law.
Purposes for Processing Information
We process personal and organisational information to enable us to carry out our activities as a pre-school playgroup and in order to promote and provide our services in the following ways:
- Process information necessary to establish or maintain contact with families;
- Process information necessary to provide or administer activities for families or organisations that have regular contact with us or use our services;
- Share the information only with people and organisations necessary to carry out the organisation’s activities;
- Keep the information while the child is placed with us and for one year after they leave to help facilitate any follow up support required during their time in primary one;;
- Maintain our own accounts and records;
- Provide access to our services.
- Provide information to funders, suppliers, contractors and regulatory bodies.
How We Collect Information
The prime ways of collecting your information are if you voluntarily provide it to us via:
- Completing a Registration Form.
- Completing a Grant Application Form.
- Completing incident or accident reports.
- Completing Audits or Research.
- Providing your information when accessing any of our related services (Registration Form, Booking Form, or by providing your details to us by any other means).
- Submitting your details to us for inclusion on our e-mail list or database of members.
- Submitting your details for inclusion on our e-mail list via our Website Submission Form.
Types and Classes of Information Processed
We process information relating to the above purposes. This information may include:
- Contact /Personal details.
- Financial Details.
- Services provided / accessed.
- Grant Scheme processing.
In very specific and limited cases as required by law (e.g. recruitment and employment), we also may collect and process sensitive classes of information that may include:
- Section 75 / Equality data.
- Family details.
- Financial details.
- Education and Employment details.
- Physical or mental health details.
- Information about offences / alleged offences in order to ensure the Protection of Children & Vulnerable Adults (POCVA) and to meet legal / funder / contract requirements.
We Process Personal Information About
- Members / Supporters
- Service Users
- Voluntary / Community Organisations
- Partner Organisations
- Contractors / Sub-contractors
- Employees / Volunteers
- Grant Makers / Funders
Who the Information May Be Shared With
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual concerned and also with other organisations (e.g. Health Trusts, Education Authority, Funders). Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA). What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons. Where necessary or required we share information with:
- Other organisations in the area or those with similar aims.
- Central or local government.
- Providers of relevant grants / services.
- Current, past and potential employers.
- As may be required by law.
We do not transfer personal information overseas. Any transfers made would be in full compliance with all aspects of the Data Protection Act / GDPR and would remain within the European Economic Area (EEA).
We May Collect and Process the Following Information about You
- Information including your name, address, job title and function, organisation, email address, telephone number, fax number, and other related details.
- Information that you provide voluntarily on our website chirpychicksplaygroup.com including information provided at the time of subscription to our services or requesting further services via our website.
- Information on the services, programmes or resources that you access.
- Data from completed research surveys.
- Details of CCP grants or services you take part in.
- A record of our contact with you through all mediums i.e. online, in person, by telephone, fax, email, social media, etc.
- Images, video and sound recordings. CCP may take photographs/video/sound recordings during sessions and at events for use in printed and electronic media for children’s observations and evidence of progression, and for promotional purposes. Some images or recordings may be selected for permanent preservation in CCP’s Archive as a record of voluntary and community sector activity and may be used for research, publication, education, displays and exhibitions. Permission for these activities will be sought from users upon registering with our service.
How We Use Your Information We may use your information to:
- Provide you with information, newsletters and services that you request from us or that we feel may be of interest to you, and / or were you have given permission to be contacted in this regard.
- Provide appropriate online content and improve our websites and social media.
- Contact you in relation to our surveys, audits and research programmes.
- Assist with CCP’s organisational planning.
- Assist with maintenance of CCP’s organisational records.
- CCP will only share information with third parties confirmed to have appropriate data safeguards by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
How We Store Your Data
The data that we collect from you is securely stored on our premises at CCP’s setting and where digital backed up to a secure cloud service provider, compliant with UK law regarding the protection and storage of data. All information you provide to us is stored securely and is password protected and encrypted where appropriate.
Information will not be held for longer than is necessary and personal data will be disposed of when no longer needed. The method of disposal will be appropriate to the sensitivity of the data. Records and information will be disposed of in accordance with all relevant legislation and as per disposal schedule detailed on CCP’s Record Handling Policy.
Training & Review
All staff are trained and fully informed of their responsibilities at recruitment and Induction stages. All staff receive regular training to ensure constant updates and on-going compliance with all legislative requirements. CCP regularly reviews and updates all our Policies, Procedures and practices including: Data Protection, Privacy, Document Retention & Disposal and record maintenance.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
- Writing to The Data Protection Officer, Chirpy Chicks Playgroup Ltd, 10A Dunevly Road, Portaferry, County Down, BT22 1NB
The Data Protection Act / GDPR grants you the right to access information held about you via a Subject Access Request. Any access request may be subject to a fee of up to £10 to meet labour costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Subject Access Request (SAR)
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to supplying proof of your identity when submitting a request. Information will be supplied within 14 days.
Identification examples include:
- a photocopy of the identification pages of your current passport or driving licence;
- a copy of a current utilities bill, or credit card / bank statement which shows your address.
This identification information will be returned to you if requested; otherwise it will be securely destroyed once we no longer need it. It is helpful if you can give us any information to help narrow the search, such as specific personal information you are looking for or which aspect(s) of CCPs services or programmes you have had contact with.
CCP Privacy Notice and SAR Form